Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Fargo Series two is really on it with the 70s fashion

 I know that fashion is having some form of crazy love affair with the 1970s right now. It's everywhere. I know I have also been complaining about this since my decade of choice for clothing is not the 70s. I prefer the 60s and 80s.

I am however, in love with some of the clothing on Fargo Series two. It seems I am not alone given the amount of pages dedicated to talking about what Kristen Dunst is wearing. She's not the only one with good clothing though. I don't really notice what the men are wearing - funny because the 70s are a great time for mens clothing. Oddly.

I am really enjoying this season. It's great to see its actually still good. There are two many series taking a dip lately. I refer to my recent piece on American Horror Story that got people a bit annoyed. I still say it is not good. I just heard yesterday it is being confirmed for another series since people are watching due to Lady Gaga's appearance. Yawn.

But back to Fargo. What I think works about the clothing in the show is that it is how people actually wore fashion then as opposed to the Vogue perception of the 70s in terms of giant bows, puffy sleeves and disco sequins. This was how people dressed to do actual work. So it's more realistic then its given credit for.

We have :

afghan coats
suede
fringing (that fringed coat in the last episode I cannot find even one photo of )
high waisted
stripes
orange
yellow
vests
berets
those weird 70s hair flicks that look easier then they are to do.

 I cannot decide though, if I preferred series one or two. I was really into one and now two.  Can we do the 80s next please???

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar