Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

A Day Off...

from studying and a day in London instead. One of things we got to see yesterday was "The Hyperbolic Coral Reef" on display at the Hayward Gallery on the South Bank. This amazing display is a constantly growing crochet coral reef that was conceived in direct response to the plight of the world's coral reef which is diminishing at a rapid rate due to polution and global warming. A combination of science, art and handicraft - it was stunning! I hope I'm not breaking any rules by showing you my photographs but as I was allowed to take them I'm assuming it's okay to share them...








It's hard to believe that some of these are actually crochet! I don't have a list of the contributors but I do know that one of them is Helle Jorgensen who has a blog, so do pay a visit. The exhibition is on until August 17 if you happen to find yourself in the area - I can recommend it.

We finished off the day by going to the cinema to see this...


... which has to been one of the best films I've seen in a long time. Top marks for "feel good factor" and laughter so I definitely recommend this too. (I'm going with a friend to see it again on Tuesday!)

The only downside is that I can't stop humming Abba tunes all day today!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar