Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Filling My Days

 In the past week we have endured 3 named storms that pale into significance now that Russia has invaded Ukraine.  My heart goes out to all those affected by this senseless invasion, of course it is dominating the news and I am glued to the TV.  This simple act of awaiting news has taken me back so many times to when my hubby served in the Army and I was constantly sat waiting for news.  It is heart rendering and will only get worse as more and more people will become displaced and the senseless bloodshed and loss of life goes on.  All I can do is pray, not only for the people but for the leaders around the World to make some sense of this horrendous situation.

At the other end of the scale I have some amazing neighbours and friends who have visited since my return to the Island with gifts.  Each visitor wanting me to know that we were in their thoughts, it was a great comfort.  Soup and scones was one of the first offerings, closely followed by several variations of delicious cake, yummy!  Hand knitted wash/dish cloths were a delight, along with a beautiful card which really lifted my spirits.




On Monday I followed my usual routine and went along to my aerobics class where this vintage box holding this amazing silk was awaiting me.  What a wonderful surprise, my heart skipped a beat as I was opening it.  I have so many ideas but time will tell what it will be used for.



I am filling my days easily and whilst I appreciate I am not a great artist I do enjoy the process of painting.  I am still using watercolours but intend to have a go with acrylic and oil paints as time goes on.   I am still writing a poem here and there and adding them to my journal, the most recent ones about the weather.


The ferry remains an issue with so many cancellations and delays due to the weather and repairs.  Thankfully we have a good store cupboard and have the sense to check that the ferry was running before venturing into town.  We made that simple mistake a week or so ago...

As always I thank you for your visit and your comments.  Hope all is well with you.

See you soon.



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar