Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Mammoth On DVD: Destroy Everything You Touch

It looks like Babel, it smells like Babel, it has Gael Garcia Bernal in it like Babel, and just like Babel, it relies a little too heavily on a melodramatic third-act plot development, but I think Lukas Moodysson's Mammoth deserves much better than to be dismissed as a warmed-over Babel knockoff.

So I was very happy to champion it on CBC Radio this week by making it my "Hidden Gem" DVD recommendation. Here's the link to click. And if you want to hear a contrarian opinion on the film, tune into next week's DVD Afternoon podcast, because Heather Noel wasn't as wild about the picture as I was. We do agree, however, that Bernal and Williams make one hell of a great-looking married couple.

Also, here's that great Ladytron song I mention in the segment. Someone has synched it to the hallway fight scene from Oldboy, which even I have to admit is plenty more exciting than anything Lukas Moodysson comes up with in Mammoth.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar