Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

54MM TOY KNIGHTS, Crescent, Timpo, Britains, and Chinese

I've had some real success, and pleasure researching the history behind some very old 54mm toy knights. Some time ago I purchased a bag of common CHINESE plastic knights. To be honest, I did not think much of them, while the sergeants were fair, the fully armoured were poor, and all needed additional basing. So I decided to purchase, off Ebay, some 1970s BRITAINS, to form the basis of a gift to my Grandnephew, Young Oliver. Now the latter castings arrived needing new weapons fortunately, replacements are available. Job done! Subsequently, in a charity shop, I purchased a single plastic knight for 20p. This turned out to be a 1960s SOLID TIMPO, and I really enjoyed restoring this figure. Also picked up for a total of 80p two lead mounted knights, and I could tell these were old. They are CRESCENT figures and date to the early 1950s. I will only carry out a slight restoration, where necessary, as these are very rare. Well, I've painted and based the best of the CHINESE figures, and they aren't bad, I will add them to the superb BRITAINS. And now, having just arrived, a box of twenty 1960s CRESCENT plastic knights seeking restoration. For reasons unknown, I was the only bidder and picked them up for a delivered total of £5, they normally go for somewhat more. This has been a fun diversion from my 28mm war-games figures, and I love giving the painted a gloss varnish. Note, BRITAINS, CRESCENT, and SOLID TIMPO were all made in England. MGB
PHOTOS: 1. BRITAINS 2. SOLID TIMPO restored 3. SOLID TIMPO original 4. CRESCENT lead 5. CHINESE painted sergeants 6. CHINESE painted knight 7. CRESCENT plastic

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar